Pacific Lights

After several months of phone calls and emails, Bob Lussier and I were finally able to obtain permission to access and photograph the Pacific Mill complex.  While the main building is mostly occupied by various commercial businesses, several vacant buildings remain, although some are slated for renovations in the near future.

We only had a couple of hours, so we spent our time in the empty building featured here, as well as the turbine room of the main building (images to follow later).  These huge empty spaces provide so many photo possibilities, and one of my favorites is to capture the light coming in through the enormous windows.   I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to come back again in the winter when the sun is lower and is casting even longer light patterns across the floor.

1. Posted November 12, 2013 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Wonderful image Steven! What kens did you use? Did you use a lens baby??

• Steven Perlmutter
      Posted November 12, 2013 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Thanks Tina. I used an ultra-wide lens for this shot (Sigma 10-20mm).

2. Posted November 12, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Fantastic image Steven.

3. Posted November 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

This is a killer image Steven. Awesome light and shadow.

4. Posted November 12, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Love that shot, I think Dave Wilson had a similar one a while back,

5. Posted November 12, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Love this light and shadow play, Steven. What a great opportunity for you guys to create some awesomeness. Fun stuff!

6. Posted November 13, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen a few images a little like this from your Mill visits, but this one is the best – such strong lines of light and shade.