Sleepy Hollow Farm

As this is one of my favorites times of year, I’m going to stick with the fall images for a few more days.  This is the Sleepy Hollow Farm in Woodstock, Vermont.  It’s a fairly well-known photo location, and presents many wonderful compositional opportunities.  For this image I went with the trusty “road as a leading line” theme which works great with this winding driveway.  I wish I could’ve arrived earlier for the pre-dawn light, but the colors in the scene certainly didn’t disappoint.

1. Posted October 7, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

Indeed! I like the light and contrast in the image, and the colors rock! Good stuff Steve!

2. Posted October 7, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors Steven and that road is great at leading the eye through the image.

3. Posted October 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Given the new TV series I was expecting a much more ominous scene…but I like this much better 🙂 Beautiful colors. This is my favorite season by far.

4. Posted October 7, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

The olors are great and the scene with the road that drive the eyes is good

5. Posted October 7, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

This could not possibly be more beautiful.
    Truly the image of autumn.

• Steven Perlmutter
      Posted October 8, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Lisa!

6. Posted October 12, 2013 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Superb flow through this image to the Farmstead, Steven.

7. Posted October 16, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Absolutely wonderful, Steven, I love this beyond words my friend! A gorgeous pastoral scene with lovely details and landscape!

8. Posted October 17, 2013 at 7:53 am | Permalink

Lovely image, I saw a link from Lisa Cuchara on FB and had to take a closer look 🙂

• Steven Perlmutter
      Posted October 17, 2013 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Thanks Denise! I really appreciate the visit and kind words.