Enter the Mill

I decided to stick with the mill theme once again today, and I think I’ll finish out the week tomorrow with another one as well.  While writing today’s post, I realized that this is probably my first time posting vertically-oriented images four days in a row.  For whatever reason, most of the images I liked from shooting the Everett and Stone Mills this past weekend were shot with a vertical orientation.  I’m not sure why I’m even compelled to tell you this, but hey, now you know anyway.

1. Posted January 31, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

Really digging these mill shots Steven. Like the light coming from behind the doors.

2. Posted January 31, 2013 at 8:40 am | Permalink

I’ve really enjoyed the mill series Steven and this image is no exception. Fabulous shot.

3. Rich McPeek
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Terrific shot Steven! Love the detail and composition!

4. Posted January 31, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Being one who is particularly fond of old and abandoned buildings I’ve really appreciated this series too.
    I find your discourse on orientation interesting as I came to realize early in my photographic endeavors, that I shoot the vast majority of my shots in a portrait orientation. There is no doubt that certain scenes/shots have a natural orientation, and it seems… so do photographers.

5. Posted January 31, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Fabulous shot!

6. Posted February 1, 2013 at 9:43 am | Permalink

This series has been great!

7. Posted February 1, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink