After some time away from the blog due to work and other projects, I’m trying to get back at it again with a new post today.  Having been away for awhile, I desperately need to get out and do more shooting, and I’m also hoping to get back to posting with more regularity as well.

This image was taken in Rockport, MA this past weekend, and the building in the background is the famous Motif #1.  I’ve posted several images from here in the past, but it’s been a while since I captured any new shots of this picturesque little harbor.  This was the first time that I was able to get this composition, however, as the tide was relatively high, and the climb down to this little dock wasn’t too bad.  Climbing down a old wooden ladder with a backpack and tripod can be a little challenging, especially for an old man like me.  Anyway, I liked the view with the boats in the foreground, so it ended up being worth the climb.

1. Posted January 22, 2013 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Reblogged this on The Boston Harbor Picayune and commented:
    Beautiful work!

2. Posted January 22, 2013 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Looks great!

3. Posted January 22, 2013 at 9:41 am | Permalink

I absolutely adore this photo! We were there last July and it is one of my favorite places in the US.

4. Posted January 22, 2013 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Saw this as a repost – gorgeous!

5. Posted January 22, 2013 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Beautifully captured. The color and details of the boat are brilliant.

6. Mark Summerfield
    Posted January 22, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Great composition, Steven! Love the repeating color in the boat in the foreground and the out of focus building behind.

7. Posted January 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I love this image Steven. Excellent DoF and composition.

8. Posted January 22, 2013 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Great use of differential focus and that boat makes a strong image, Steven. Nice to see you back, and with such a good image too.

9. Posted January 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Nice treatment of a classic scene!

10. Posted January 22, 2013 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Definitely worth the climb. Great image. See, I do come here once in a while.

11. Posted January 24, 2013 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Steven, this is a great image. I really like the shallow depth of field. Well done!

12. Posted January 25, 2013 at 12:40 am | Permalink

This shot is SO GORGEOUS!

One Trackback

1. By Homes on the Harbor | Perlmutter Photography on January 23, 2013 at 7:34 am

[…] is the sky I had wanted to see hovering over the image I posted yesterday.  Unfortunately I had to turn around to see it.  Still pretty nice though, […]