Buckle Up

I purchased Perfect Photo Suite 7 from OnOne Software a few weeks ago, and decided it was time I started actually taking advantage of all its wonderful features.  I’ve been using Perfect Effects for a while now, but hadn’t tried FocalPoint yet.  Until now.  While I certainly need to practice and get more familiar with what it can do, I’m already hooked.  I thought this image taken at the Cape Ann Tool Company would be a good choice as I really wanted to isolate the seat in this otherwise empty space.  And by adding some selective blur to the background, I was able to achieve the effect I wanted.  I may have overdone it just a bit on this one, but I’m really digging the effect and can’t wait to try it on some more images.

1. Posted December 21, 2012 at 7:07 am | Permalink

Steven, this looks great. I think you accomplished your goal of separation. Nice work!

2. Posted December 21, 2012 at 10:58 am | Permalink

No I don’t think you over did it. Looks great.

3. Posted December 21, 2012 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Beautiful work. I don’t think it was overdone either.

4. Posted December 24, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Very cool shot Steven. Looks great to me. Have a great holiday season.

5. Posted January 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Wow, this is a great image, Steven, I just love it! Your post-processing on this shot is subtle and really accents the underlying story.

6. Posted January 8, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

I agree with everyone else. You didn’t over-do it at all. Its a cool shot.