Cart Attack

I know.  Dumb title.  I kinda liked the play on words though.  Anyway, this is another image from my little urbex session last weekend with Bob Lussier.   Now being that I’m not a photojournalist, sometimes I like to “stage” a shot a bit, and place an object in a location that suits what I’m trying to capture.  This shot however, required no such action.  This old shopping cart was situated perfectly, allowing me to use it in the foreground and still present the open space on the first floor of the mill. Sometimes things are just meant to be.

1. Posted December 3, 2012 at 9:01 am | Permalink

What a great urbex shot. Very nice composition as well, Steven.

2. Mark Summerfield
    Posted December 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

A great Urbex shot, Stephen. Makes you wonder just what the cart was doing in the middle of the floor of a disused mill. Guess it could not find a creek to jump into 😉

3. Posted December 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Great shot Steven. Before I read the post I thought to myself “good placement of the cart” but now I see that’s not the case. Wonderfully composed though.

4. Posted December 3, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I love the composition, Steven. The lighting is so well controlled. Excellent shot

5. Posted December 4, 2012 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Nice Urbex, Steven. Like the detail and how you handled the tonality and color.

6. Posted December 12, 2012 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Absolutely terrific, Steven! Wow, there’s some great tension in that lonely old cart, and the way you processed this really makes the entire mood come right out! Great capture.

7. Posted December 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

This is truly such a wonderful image.
    So thought and mood provoking.
    Beautifully done.