Today’s image is another shot of the Spring Point Ledge Light in Portland, Maine.  The long exposure here allowed the water to take on that silky look, but it also had an interesting effect on the light and colors in the sky.  The sun was rising to the right of the lighthouse, and the darker colors of the sky to the west (left) took on a more saturated look with the long exposure.  I’m not completely sold on this unintended effect, but I still like how the image turned out.  What do you think?

1. Posted November 29, 2012 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Unintended but perfect in my eyes! It’s just dreamy, and I really want to be on that sailboat!!

2. Ken Rowland
    Posted November 29, 2012 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Steven, this image is great. Your long exposure technique works well here. Nice work!

3. Posted November 29, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

I think it works really well Steven. It’s a wonderful image.

4. Posted November 29, 2012 at 11:34 am | Permalink

I love this image. The colors play well with each other and it looks really good.

5. Mark Summerfield
    Posted November 29, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

I think the different colors in the sky work really well. The dark blue in the upper left act as a nice counter-point to the rocky beach in the opposite corner. Both act to anchor the image and keep the viewers interest on the lighthouse.

6. Posted November 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Must admit I like the effect, Steven. Nice one!!

7. Posted December 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

That’s a great composition and the light is beautiful, Steven

8. Posted December 3, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Beautiful LE work, man. Love that light!