Well, it was more like immediately before the storm.  The elapsed time from when I pressed the shutter to when the rain started coming down was unfortunately not equal to the time it took to find shelter from said rain.  Luckily there was a few minutes of light rain before the deluge came, and myself and my equipment were able to stay mostly dry.  I’ve found that some of the best images contain a sky that’s about to punish you for standing under it.

1. Posted November 13, 2012 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Me encantan esos colores. Me gustan las tormentas.
    Una fotografía muy hermosa

2. Posted November 13, 2012 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Great drama in that sky Steven and the color contrast with the house rocks.

3. Posted November 13, 2012 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Nice shot, Steven. The red house stand out nicely against the sky.
    I agree, those threatening skies are always a treat for our images.

4. Posted November 13, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

wonderful contrasts..

5. Posted November 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Really like the dreary look of this shot. Most of us usually avoid days like this. Your worked it well!

6. Mark Summerfield
    Posted November 13, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

That looks to be one mega storm brewing! Great contrast between the sky and the red of the building. I also like the little bright patch of sky on the horizon giving us a glimpse of the nicer weather to follow.

7. Jim Nix
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 9:26 am | Permalink

oh yeah, always worth risking things for the right sky – nicely done!