Even though I’ve been shooting the lobster boats of Perkins Cove in Ogunquit for years, I always seem to be able to find a boat I’ve never seen, or a composition I hadn’t noticed before.  Now of course some of the images I’ve created here certainly resemble others, but I try to make sure that each one has at least something unique about it.  In this case, it was the bright green antennae on the Josie B that caught my eye.  This past weekend, the Josie B and her friends were just sitting there in the early morning light waiting for me to take their picture.  And as I’ve done many times before, I obliged.

1. Posted October 15, 2012 at 7:22 am | Permalink

I recognized Perkins cove immediately Steven. It is a lovely spot and I know why you love to shoot there. Nicely captured.

2. Posted October 15, 2012 at 7:48 am | Permalink

Lovely shot, Steven. I am a big fan of these nautical scenes, as they always seem so peaceful. Nice job here.

3. Posted October 15, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

I haven’t been to Perkins Cove in
    years. I love images like this. You’ve really captured the place beautifully.

4. Posted October 15, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Nice composition, Steven. And the warm, fall tones really enhance to colors of the boats.

5. Posted October 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

The warm tones of the early morning have, not only helped bring out the colors of the boats, but have provided a great contrast with the fall trees in the background.

6. Jim Nix
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

very peaceful scene Steven well shot!

7. Posted October 16, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink

great scene, has a nice fall feel to it