Every so often I come across a scene that just begs for a little tilt-shift action.  This was one of those scenes.  What you see is the majority of the small village on Monhegan Island in Maine.  The rest of the island consists mostly of houses, a few inns and restaurants, and a post office and church.  The large building to the right side of the image is the Island Inn, which I believe is the largest inn on the island.  Behind it lies the harbor and Manana Island.  The building with the red trim and pink sign is a store/cafe called Carina, which had the best crabmeat panini I’ve ever had.  Carina is one of the only places that stays open during the winter when the island’s population drops to less than 50 hearty souls.  Not sure I could handle a winter there, but I can’t wait to get back next summer.

1. Ken Rowland
    Posted October 2, 2012 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Nice work Steven. I really like the tilt shift use here. Looks like a nice place.

2. Posted October 2, 2012 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Your pics of this island have certainly made it a must visit destination for me Steven. Great use of the tilt shift.

3. Posted October 2, 2012 at 8:19 am | Permalink

A beautiful view Steven!

4. Posted October 2, 2012 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Such a pretty place. I love these New England villages. Nice work with the tilt shift.

5. Posted October 2, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Great image, Steven and yes, the T/S works great here. I would love to spend a couple of nights in that Inn. looks like a wonderful place to hang out.

6. Posted October 2, 2012 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Very cool TS

7. Claudia
    Posted October 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Toy Town! Love it. We don’t have places like this out here in L.A. Wow! Hope to visit some day. Thanks.

8. Posted October 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

How do I book a place to stay here! What a fabulous looking hideaway

9. Mark Summerfield
    Posted October 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Great effect from the T/S. This was the perfect scene for this effect.

10. Posted October 3, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Great shot, Steven. It reminds me of a minature model of a small hamlet…incredible detail!

One Trackback

1. By Monhegan Panorama | Perlmutter Photography on January 14, 2013 at 6:44 am

[…] Island in Maine.  I’ve posted several images from my trip there in the fall, including this one of a small section of the village.  I had originally wanted to post this pano instead, but was […]