Well I’m pleased to report that my blog and I have decided to get back together again.  About two weeks ago we decided that we perhaps could use some time away from one another.  I had said some things I didn’t mean.  The blog said some things it didn’t mean.  Things were starting to get very uncomfortable.  But after our time apart, we both feel like we’re at a good place to get back to blogging again.  Thanks for your patience and support during this challenging time for both of us.  🙂

Seriously, though.   A little break was needed from blogging, and I’m glad I took the time away.  I didn’t do much of anything related to photography for about two weeks until this past weekend when I spent a few days up in Maine filling some memory cards.  I now have new images to share with everyone starting with this shot of the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse in Portland, Maine.  It’s a brilliant example of a “sparkplug” style lighthouse, and protects Portland harbor.  Although the light was first lit in 1897, the 900-foot breakwater I’m standing on wasn’t built until 1951, and now provides easy accessibility to the lighthouse.  The tower is closed to visitors, but there are plenty of angles and compositions to shoot it from the outside.  I’ll share more images of this magnificent lighthouse in future posts.

P.S.  I’m looking forward to catching up on all of your posts that I’ve missed over the past few weeks.

1. Posted September 17, 2012 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Wow, I never thought of that before, but a lot of them do really look like sparkplugs :). Glad you’re back and looking forward to seeing all of your new images. This one is certainly wonderful!!

2. Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:59 am | Permalink

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder”, someone once said. 😉
    Good to see you back in the swing.

This beauty of a shot really does resemble a spark plug. Awesome colors, man.

3. Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Nice shot Steven, I haven’t seen a lighthouse like this before.

4. Posted September 17, 2012 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Yeah that is a nice shot, well done, glad you are back.

5. Posted September 17, 2012 at 11:08 am | Permalink

It does kinda look like a sparkplug doesn’t it?

6. Posted September 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Clever description for this style of Lighthouse. You are back with a Winner with this shot. Lovely light, well composed

7. Posted September 17, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Glad to see you back. Great shot. Looking forward to more images of this lighthouse.

8. Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

Welcome back Steven. Sometimes you just need some time apart but glad to see your back with this terrific shot.

9. Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Glad to see you back again, Steven, we missed you! This is a wonderful photograph, my friend, it really embodies the spirit of lighthouses!

10. Posted September 17, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

Awesome photo, Steven. Unusual shape for a lighthouse. Love lighthouses!!

One Trackback

1. By Lighthouse Support | Perlmutter Photography on October 30, 2012 at 6:30 am

[…] is the base of the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse in Portland, Maine.  As shown here and here, this type of lighthouse is sometimes called a spark plug design, and this one is a wonderful […]