As I’m sure you’ve noticed if you follow my blog, I rarely take pictures with people in them.  Well aside from pictures of my wife and kids of course.  Street photography is something I’ve wanted to try, but never seem to actually force myself to do it.  So when an opportunity to do the next best thing appeared, I took it.  Welcome to boat photography. There was just something about this older couple on a ferry in the fog that seemed to resonate with me.  I certainly won’t be offended if anyone thinks it’s a bit odd, but I guess that’s the beauty of having my blog.  It’s mine and I can post whatever I want.  🙂

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1. Posted August 17, 2012 at 7:15 am | Permalink

I think it’s truly beautiful :). A close, loving relationship at that age is not something that everyone gets to experience. I also love the composition of this photo – the railing going off into the distance and the couple standing off centre. And, the fact that the background is foggy is perfect because there is nothing to distract you from the subjects. It’s like blurring the background to accentuate the subject. Great job!! I think you should do more street/boat photography!!

2. Posted August 17, 2012 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Just, simply, special, Steven. Firstly you’re not the first person this week to be a little reticent about street photography – but actually produce good pictures when you have a go. Second – the great think about a blog is that what goes onto it is not subject to any kind of ‘editorial’ interference – it’s your choice (or mine) – and we can enjoy that privilege. It’s great being in sole charge, isn’t it!

3. Posted August 17, 2012 at 10:06 am | Permalink

Very nice shot. I can almost relate. Not there yet! 🙂

4. Posted August 17, 2012 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I really like it Steven. This image is very powerful and tells a beautiful story. Beautifully composed as well.

5. Posted August 17, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Great leading line, well done, really does tell a story

6. Posted August 20, 2012 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Wow, this is a powerful image, man. You shot this on a great angle, allowing the railing to lead the eye. Nicely done.