It’s been a while since I posted a long exposure image, and I’m really pleased with how this one turned out.  This is one of the wooden jetties that protects the entrance to Three Mile Harbor in Easthampton, NY.  To get to this location on the western side of the channel you need to have 4 wheel drive, and I was fortunate that the friends we were visiting had a Jeep that they let me borrow.  I brought my boys with me as they love riding in the Jeep out on the beach, and we all had a really great time combing the beach, finding crabs, and of course taking pictures.  This is a nearly three minute exposure which tuned the water into silky goodness.  And a b&w conversion seemed to fit this scene to my liking.  I hope you like it too.

1. Posted August 15, 2012 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!! The long exposure gives it such a dream-like quality, and the b&w is perfect for this shot. Nice job :).

2. Posted August 15, 2012 at 6:49 am | Permalink

And pleased you should be! It turned out great. It is amazing how a 10 stop can turn a simple scene into dream world.

3. Posted August 15, 2012 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Sweet image, very nice

4. Claudia
    Posted August 15, 2012 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Jetty in Heaven… Serene and beautiful. I’m on the west coast and this was the first email I opened. Great way to wake up.

5. Posted August 15, 2012 at 11:14 am | Permalink

I would be pleased too if I were you. I love this Steven. The long exposure and B&W conversion are perfect. My advice…print it nice and big…it belongs on a wall 🙂

6. Posted August 15, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Steven, this is really well done. I’d love to find a composition like this to shoot. Nice work!

7. Mark Summerfield
    Posted August 15, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Absolutely perfect, Steven! On to be proud of.

8. Posted August 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Simplicity is ‘King’! Worked out so well here, Steven. I really must invest in one of these 10 stoppers.

9. Posted August 15, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

3 minutes with the 10 stopper is right on! beauty!!

10. Posted August 15, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Wow, man. This is a stunning image, Steven. Absolutely beautiful. Looks like a dream. 😉

11. Rick
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Wonderful long exposure! Stunning image!

One Trackback

1. By Into the Sea | Perlmutter Photography on August 28, 2012 at 6:41 am

[…] post for today.  This is the same jetty from this long exposure image that I posted last week.  It’s amazing how the same subject can look so different just by […]