Good morning and happy Monday.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I’m trying something new today (or at least new for me) by doing a cross-post with my friend Bob Lussier with whom I spent an afternoon last week shooting at the Stone Mill in Lawrence, MA.  This is a favorite location for both of us, and we thought it would be fun to post an image of the same subject but taken with very different perspectives.  As anyone who’s seen Bob’s work knows (and if you haven’t, you need to check out his site here), he is incredibly talented, and has a way of really working these urbex scenes.  So while he chose a fantastic wide angle comp for his image, I opted for a more simple and intimate composition.  By the way, this is the same room I posted about here the other day.  Anyway, it was really fun to shoot and process my image, and then to see a completely different take on it from Bob.  I hope to do one of these again soon.

1. Posted August 6, 2012 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Nice Urbex scene. Nice job with the processing to really set the mood.

2. Posted August 6, 2012 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Great shot, Steve! I’m glad we could get together at the Stone and hope we can get together to shoot again soon. I’m really enjoying your work on the blog as well!

3. Posted August 6, 2012 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Excellent Steven. I just saw Bob’s version. I love the way you’ve both interpreted this scene so differently. I’ve really enjoyed this cross post.

4. Posted August 6, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

This is a wonderful image Steven, one of my favorites of yours. Very different from Bob’s and both are outstanding.

5. Posted August 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Interesting to see the two different interpretations of the same scene. As different as they both are in the approach to the scene, they both bring a deep feeling of melancholy to me as I look at them.

6. Posted August 7, 2012 at 7:00 am | Permalink

Just checked out Bob’ view. Two every different views and interpretations. Yours is a very simple but well executed shot.

One Trackback

1. By A Chair in the Alcove » Lussier Photography on August 6, 2012 at 8:43 am

[…] and I both keyed on the chair in this alcove in the mill’s attic. Be sure to check out Steven’s version on his site. Spread the word:Google BookmarksFacebookLinkedInRSSStumbleUponTwitter Posted in 16-35mm f3.5, […]