So it seems that my lighthouse theme must continue again today.  This is another shot of Eastern Light in Gloucester MA from my sunrise shoot there about a month ago.  It’s a 3 minute exposure which was sufficient to smooth out the choppy water, and also bring out the nice pre-dawn colors.  I continue to absolutely love the effect of long exposures on both water and light, and am always searching for opportunities to use my 10 stop ND.

On a side note, I just realized that that it was a year ago last week that I started this photo blog.  What started out as a “hey, let’s see if I can do this” effort, has turned into something so much more.  It has inspired me to get out and shoot as much as possible, and to share my images with all of you.  And speaking of all of you, I wanted to just say thank you for your visits, your comments and feedback, your inspiration and your friendship.  It’s been a great year.

1. Posted July 23, 2012 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Beautiful image and Happy 1st Birthday to your blog!!

2. Posted July 23, 2012 at 7:04 am | Permalink

Congrats on your first year Steven. Excellent long exposure. Love that silky water.

3. Posted July 23, 2012 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Congrats on that 1-year milestone, man. Fantastic!
    Great composition and LE shot, Steven. Beautiful.

4. Posted July 23, 2012 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Happy Anniversary Steven. Beautiful image. I’m still learning how to use my ND 10 stop but your right the effects of the long exposures are awesome.

5. Posted July 23, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on the one year milestone!

Really loving these low POV shots of lighthouses that you are showing us. Makes for a very nice image and something not many others have doing.

6. Posted July 24, 2012 at 4:55 am | Permalink

Lovely image Steven and congrats on making it through a year of blogging. Well done!

7. Posted July 24, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

This is so absolutely fabulous, my friend! What a lovely shot. Well done. Congrats on the milestone, I truly appreciate the effort that goes into something like this, and I tip my hat to you good sir!

8. Adam Allegro
    Posted July 27, 2012 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Lovely shot Steven. I could never get tired of these!

9. Posted July 29, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Steven, this is a stunning shot! I love the colours and the softness of the ocean. Long exposure twilight images are my favourite! Congrats on your first year of blogging too.