Today’s post is another image of the Tall Ships that were in Boston last week.  This is the KRI Dewaruci, which is the largest tall ship in the Indonesian Navy.  As with the ships I posted about here, it’s used as a sail-training vessel for naval cadets, and also as a goodwill ambassador for Indonesia to the rest of the world.  I was thrilled that the sky was cooperating the morning that I was there, but was disappointed that the tides decided not to cooperate with the sky.  It was low tide at sunrise, and as a result, I could really only capture the masts and sails set against the morning colors.  I of course still like the final image, but would have preferred to have been able to show more of the ship itself.

1. Posted July 15, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Wow, wow, wow!!! That is absolutely breathtaking! I have to forward this one to my sailor daddy. Beautiful work!

2. Posted July 15, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

amazing sky

3. Posted July 16, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Killer sky, man!
    Really fine composition and outstanding color.

4. Posted July 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Truly epic sky there, Steven! Love the element of drama they bring to the scene, my friend, what an amazing photograph!

5. Posted July 21, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I really like how it’s “layers” of interest looking at this picture. In the foreground is the masts and sails and all their details that catches your eye. But then behind that layered beneath it in the background is such an amazing sky!

One Trackback

1. By - Gregory Allen Deese on July 21, 2012 at 12:49 am

[…] Masts and Sails – Steven Perlmutter captures a scene displaying the full regalia of the masts and sails of the Tall Ships in port this day.  The dramatic sky adds a strong element of drama to this scene, and Steven does a great job in creating a piece of imagery reminiscent of a time over 100 years ago. […]