Yes, it’s time for another edition of “I’m Not Sure Why Wednesday” where I share an image that I’m not really sure why I shot it, but was pleased with how it turned out.   The photo safari I participated in last weekend took place mid-morning when the sun was harsh and bright.  As a result, I wandered the various alleys and side streets looking for things to shoot where the sun was either not visible, or at least less harsh.  I’m not really sure why I pointed my camera at this particular building, but when I processed the image that night, I really ended up liking the textures, colors, and details.  Would you have taken this shot?

1. Posted July 11, 2012 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Most definitely – it’s a great shot!! Old buildings are so photogenic, and I love how the outside looks so old and neglected, and yet you can see a welcoming light from inside. Great job :).

2. Posted July 11, 2012 at 7:32 am | Permalink

I know why you shot it Steven, it is an interesting old building that probably was busy years ago but now is a victim to progress. Well seen and captured.

3. Posted July 11, 2012 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Yup, sure would have. Because old bricks are awesome. Get any close up shots of them by chance? So many possibilities there!

4. Posted July 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

I would have sought this one out, Steven! LOVE this picture. So much of interest to enjoy here, starting with the textures in the brickwork… but the more subtle elements at play are totally fascinating, too, like the windows that are broken, the boarded up entrances/windows… so much to enjoy here! A hearty yes, my friend!

5. Posted July 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I definitely would have shot this, nice one Steven! it’s a great scene with lots of interest, well done!

6. Posted July 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

There are many points of interest — the catwalk, the vertical pair of boarded doors, the variety of details on the windows, and the entrance way to the ground floor door. But the clincher for me is the subtle slope to the ground that contrasts to the straight arrow perpendicularity of the building.

7. Posted July 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

This view, or something very much like it, would now be in my library if I had been on that photowalk. The textures and contrasts within such a small area make for a wonderful subject. I probably would end up processing this as a B&W to highlight the textures as I’m not sure the muted colors do anything for the scene.

8. Posted July 13, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

It’s the red color that would capture my attention first, then the bricks, windows and steel.

9. Posted July 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

This is a great shot Steven. These old buildings are great to photograph and you’ve really brought out the beautiful details.

10. Posted July 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

I would have taken this. Luve the elements on these old mill buildings.