I thought I’d start a new series on the blog called “I’m Not Sure Why Wednesdays.” The purpose is to post an image where I’m not sure exactly why I took the shot, but ended up pleased with the results.  I can’t put my finger on exactly why I sometimes point my camera at things that I wouldn’t normally notice or find interesting, but I seem to do it from time to time.  Perhaps it’s due to the fact that I don’t get out and shoot as much as I like and want to press the shutter as much as I can when I’m actually out.  Or maybe it’s a hope that I stumble upon something that doesn’t really strike me at capture, but something I’ll be really happy with when I get home.  Either way, I thought it would be fun to share some of these images every so often.  Because I’m not sure why I took these shots, they will not be accompanied by any story or anecdote.  Just an image where I questioned why I took it, but liked the final result.  Enjoy.

1. Posted May 30, 2012 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Great idea for a series. I really like the way you’ve processed this image.

2. Posted May 30, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

I believe that a lot of my images are taken for reasons that are ‘subconscious’ – it’s just that there is something there that attracts me although it may not be stand-out-obvious. I can see the attraction in this. The sky is fantastic and the buildings possess the same tonal range but in a very organized grid like fashion. Well – that’s what I see. A well seen image I’d say, Steven.

3. Posted May 30, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Nice idea for a series Steven. I find that some of my images are not “great subject” images but reflect my feelings at being at the location. Something more that “I was here” but more of an emotional connection.

4. Posted May 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

I think it looks really cool man. I have it both ways, sometimes I think it will be a coo shot in my mind, but yeah; not so much.

5. Posted May 31, 2012 at 12:49 am | Permalink

I can understand what you mean. I go through somewhat similar things. I like taking macro shots and sometime I find something and think WOW! I’ll get some good shots of this but when I actually start taking pics, they turn out very ordinary and at that time, I pull myself away, pointing camera at anything that I see and that quite often gives me some good pics.

6. Posted May 31, 2012 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Cool shot, Steven. Love that sky, I can see why you were drawn to this scene. I often find myself in this situation, wondering if the shot is worth taking. Sometimes it’s a bust but often times it becomes something nice in post-processing.

Nice way to start a series.

7. Adam Allegro
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 9:42 am | Permalink

I like this. I see what you mean, I wouldn’t have taken this, but it came out nicely. Well done.