Today’s post is another image from my East Mill series.  Most of the images I created from this location were converted to a more traditional B&W look, but I wanted to try something a little different with this one.  Because part of the building itself is visible in this shot, I decided to try a more antiqued processing approach.  I’m not sure if I like it more or less than the regular B&W version, but I definitely think it has an interesting look to it.  Which do you like better?

Camera Settings: ISO 200, f/11, 18mm, 3 brackets

1. Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:41 am | Permalink

I Love the machinery and industrial shots, Steven!
    Both are very nice but I like that antiqued look of the first a little better.

2. Rich McPeek
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Very nice Steven! I like em both, but I’m with Jimi on this, I like the antique a bit more.

3. Posted April 18, 2012 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Make that 3 votes for the first one, Steven. Beautiful processing!

4. Posted April 18, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

Wow, that’s a big wheel! I like the antiqued toning for this, it does seem to add a little something extra.

5. Posted April 18, 2012 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I think the antiqued one adds quite a lot more – its an easy choice for me. And, its a great photo too, nice to have the building, great detail and somehow there is a hint of motion in the wheel – maybe its the smooth smaller wheel that seems blurred by comparison, or perhaps its my imagination. I love places like that, but they are hard to come by in this part of the world.

6. Posted April 18, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Super composition and I really like the treatment on the first one Steven.

7. doephotog
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Nice comp on this one man. Good job!

8. Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

This has been a great series. Another good image today. I prefer the straight B&W. Somehow for me metal suggests ‘silver’ and I think that’s what swings the choice for me.

9. Posted April 18, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Really good tonal range in both these shots. Simple composition yet with lots of detail in the machine mechanisms.

10. Posted April 18, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

I love machinery, can’t deny that! Great details and textures at play here, Steven, I really enjoyed this. For me, personally, I like the first one a little better; the vintage feel really accents the subject matter here.

11. Posted April 18, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Both beautiful Steven but I love the tones and antique look of the first shot.

12. Posted April 18, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink