Everyone seems to do iPhone Fridays, so I thought I’d go a little crazy and throw one down on a Tuesday.  Part of the reason that I’m posting some iPhone shots today is that I seem to be in a bit of a rut, both photographically and creatively.   I can’t seem to find much to shoot that looks interesting, and I haven’t really been pleased with what I’ve produced lately even when I have filled a memory card.  I’m still shooting when I can, and occasionally get something decent, but it’s just been a bit of a struggle.  I’m thinking that maybe just using the iPhone for a little while could get the juices flowing again.

These shots were taken this past Sunday after a really nice brunch with my family in Concord, MA.  This cemetery is situated on a hill overlooking the downtown area, and is just full of colonial-era history.  Although I’m not always a fan of shooting cemeteries, I kinda liked the way these images turned out.

1. Posted April 3, 2012 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Very nice images Steven.Sorry to hear about your rut. We all go through these. I believe that the creative part of the brain needs renewal and then comes back strong. Until then, keeping shooting with that iPhone

2. myallegro31
    Posted April 3, 2012 at 9:10 am | Permalink

The first shot is like a dream sequence! Beautifully done…

3. Jimi Jones
    Posted April 3, 2012 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Great shots, Steven. That first one is totally awesome. Nice mood.

4. Posted April 3, 2012 at 11:21 am | Permalink

I really love the first shot Steven. I know what you mean by being in a rut. I think we all go through it and I’ve been feeling a little less then inspired these days. I think I need the flowers to start blooming and the weather to warm up again (its been cool here for the last couple of weeks) to get the juices flowing again.

5. leadinlines
    Posted April 3, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Wow, thats some nice effects with an iPhone. I have the original 3G and am impressed with your results here.

6. Posted April 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Love the first shot. I feel very luck being retired, which means I can go where I like when I like. A totally new environment gets me going, and if only Spring would get going properly then the images almost come to me. The changes in the landscape can be awesome. I think we are all a bit jaded from the winter.

7. Posted April 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

I like both shots but the first one really rocks it for me

8. Posted April 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

Great shots, especially the first one!

2 Trackbacks

1. By - Gregory Allen Deese on April 6, 2012 at 12:59 am

[…] iPhone Tuesday – a camera is a tool, not a destination.  This great post from Steven Perlmutter shares a pair of shots captured with his iPhone that are really quite wonderful.  Each has its own artistic flair and feel, producing a post that is really something to view and take in. Indian Robin by Koshyk, on Flickr […]

2. […] IPHONE Tuesday  a camera is a tool, not a destination.  This great post from Steven Perlmutter shares a pair of shots captured with his iPhone that are really quite wonderful.  Each has its own artistic flair and feel, producing a post that is really something to view and take in. […]