Good morning and happy Monday.  I’m back at it again after a wonderful ski vacation last week with my family.  We had an incredible time, and although I barely touched my camera during the week, I did manage to get a few shots here and there.  Today’s image is from a short hike I took with my son to Sabbaday Falls on one of the days we didn’t ski.  The lure of this hike is of course the falls itself, but there’s also the short distance to get to it from the parking lot which is helpful when hiking with an 8 year old.  Unfortunately, so much of the falls was frozen over that we couldn’t really get a good glimpse of it.  I did manage to get this shot of the river a few hundred yards down from the falls on our way up, as well as several others I’ll share soon.  Thanks for your visits last week while I was gone, and I’m looking forward to catching up on your blogs and images.

Camera settings: ISO 200, f/11, 18m, 1/15 second

1. Posted February 27, 2012 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Love that smooth, untouched snow!

2. Posted February 27, 2012 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Wonderful winter scene Stephen. Love how the stream leads the eye through that pure snow.

3. Posted February 27, 2012 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Very nice scene. I love the line of the stream up through the trees in this image.

4. Posted February 27, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Welocme back. Looks so pristine. Excellent shot.

5. Posted February 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

What a beauty of a scene! Nothing like the untouched snow to bring about nature’s Winter best. Lovely composition, Steven.

6. Posted February 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Nice lines the river makes winding through the snow.

7. Posted February 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Nice virgin snow scene. Love the way the almost falling trees in the background are creating a nice frame.

8. Posted February 27, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Posted a snowed-in river myself this morning! Glad you had a good ski trip. You’ve found a great composition here and I can see the striations in the snow – like laminates – showing the build up of snow, layer upon layer. That is a feature that really adds such a lot to this. And not a foot print in sight – a great find.

9. Rich McPeek
    Posted February 28, 2012 at 6:48 am | Permalink

Very nice winter snow shot Stephen! Love the lines of the stream in this and the snow looks great!

10. Posted February 28, 2012 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Lovely shot. I bet the waterfall looks awesome when its not frozen over! I hope you guys had a nice trip!

11. Posted March 1, 2012 at 12:03 am | Permalink

Lovely composition. The frozen and the zagged edges of snow, just pulls one in to the shot !