These tracks are obviously not used anymore, but the way they follow along the shape of the factory made me wonder whether the tracks were laid before the factory was built, or vice versa.  My guess would be the factory came first, although I suppose they could’ve built the factory to be near the tracks.  Such are the things that occupy my mind.

Anyway… as for processing, I wanted to create a look similar to what old pictures from the 70s look like.  I’m not sure why, or whether I even achieved this or not, but it seems to at least to resemble what I was after.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/13, 18 mm, 3 brackets

1. Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

I think you achieved your goal for sure man! This looks great, love the vintage processing!

2. Posted January 31, 2012 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Mission accomplished, Steven. This does have an old-style, 70s feel. I like those reflections in the windows as well. Nice job.

Like you, I’m inclined to think the building was there first, with the rails conveniently laid along the perimeter afterward.

3. Posted January 31, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Yup think you achieved what you were after. The compostiion is great too. I really like the way the eye follows the curving track. Well done.

4. Posted January 31, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Love the processing here.

5. Posted January 31, 2012 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I think you absolutely captured the 70’s feel to it Stephen. The track serves a great leading line.

6. Posted January 31, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Loving the focus in this Steven. Nicely done!

7. Posted January 31, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

I like the soft dreamy look.

8. Posted January 31, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

I am really diggin’ this shot, Steven, love the DoF you’ve used to really carry the viewers eye through the frame here!