Well it finally snowed here in Massachusetts this weekend, and since I wasn’t able to get out and shoot any of it, I decided to post an image from last winter instead.  This is one of those small rivers/streams you find virtually anywhere that can make a nice photo when the conditions are right.  I caught a glimpse of this scene as I crossed the bridge, and pulled over to grab a quick shot.  Nothing fancy here… just a simple B&W conversion with a little additional contrast added.  Happy Monday.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/5, 1/125 second

1. Posted January 23, 2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Wonderful scene! The post processing is excellent and perfect for this scene!

2. Posted January 23, 2012 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Nothing fancy required Steven, this scene makes itself!

3. Posted January 23, 2012 at 10:25 am | Permalink

The tones in this very nicely composed image are terrific Steven. Well processed.

4. Posted January 23, 2012 at 10:25 am | Permalink

I love it when the snow sticks to tree branches. Makes everything look like it’s from another world. Nice shot Steven.

5. Posted January 23, 2012 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Great shot Steven. I love the way the water and the jagged snow line leads you’re eye all the way into the scene.

6. Posted January 23, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Looks really good. Hard to tell if it’s mono or not or just one of those shots that turns out that way because of the scene. I like that.

7. Posted January 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

The processing has produced a really cold feel to this – just what was needed. Nice work.

8. Posted January 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Lovely shot, Steven. This is a classic Winter scene that we all love to see. Glad you pulled this one out to share. Nice processing.

9. Posted January 24, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

How beautiful! Love the processing too

10. Posted January 30, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful snow scene. Love the composition too, great job.