Here is another image of downtown Boston from Lo Presti Park in East Boston, taken on the same day as yesterday’s post.  This was the last shot I took that frigid night, and the exposure was shorter than I had wanted due to my desire to get back in my car before my fingers fell off.  So although I had envisioned a much brighter image, I was actually quite pleased with how this came out.  The dark and deep colors of the sunset in this long exposure created a compelling mood in the image.  Well at least for me.  I hope you like it too.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/8, 22mm, 180 seconds

1. Posted January 18, 2012 at 9:00 am | Permalink

This is really great Steven! Beautiful piece.

2. Posted January 18, 2012 at 9:53 am | Permalink

I actually love the dark in this Steven. It gives the color that richness that is terrific.

3. Posted January 18, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

I really like it as well Steven. The colors in the sky really sets off a nice sheen to the rest of the image.

4. Posted January 18, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Nice dark shot. Invites you to explore the shadows a bit.

5. Posted January 18, 2012 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Beautifully capture image, Steven. I like this look. Great color and soft mood.

6. Posted January 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

The slight underexposure has resulted in some really rich colours. Fantastic backdrop too.

7. Posted January 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Nice Silhouette! Yea it would have been nice to capture a longer exposure to bring out more light in the water. Still very nice image!

8. Posted January 19, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Stunning picture, Steven. You really have a great feel for capturing a variety of moods through your lens.

As always, thanks for sharing.

Best,
    Kevin

9. Posted January 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

This is one incredible cityscape Steve, the colors in the sky are amazing