Every now and then I like to get back to basics and try to find simple shapes, forms and lines to photograph in good light.  Nothing complicated, no foreground object, no strong subject… just form and light.  It can be difficult to find this kind of simplicity, but it can also be very rewarding.

Have a great weekend!

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/8. 25mm, 99 seconds

1. Posted January 13, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Sometimes the simple is the best if well executed as this image is. Great leading line and the subdued color really sets the mood. Nicely done Steven.

2. Posted January 13, 2012 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Lovely shot Steven.

3. Posted January 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

The simplicity of line and shape of this image work really well. That narrow band of darker coloured water on the horizon, small though it is, contributes a lot, adding yet another band of colour. A small suggestion – I wonder whether cropping half the depth of dark sand off the bottom would lift this even further? As it is, I love it – I would probably never seen the potential in this. Well done, Steve

4. Posted January 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I love this Steven. I love the simplicity, the colors, the leading lines. Great job.

5. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

This works very well for me. The pink hue is stunning!

6. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Beautifully minimalist image!

7. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Awesome minimalism.

8. Posted January 15, 2012 at 4:21 am | Permalink

This is just awesome Steven. I love the soft curves and tones and the interplay between beach, sea and sky

9. Posted January 16, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Simplicity at it’s best, Steven. This is a real beauty!

10. Posted January 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Simple and beautiful here man, you’ve nailed this one!

11. Posted January 16, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

I love this soft, abstract curve with beautiful colours.

12. Posted January 18, 2012 at 3:47 am | Permalink

What a peaceful long exposure. I love the white balance selection and processing. Well done buddy.

13. Posted January 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Beautiful image looks so peaceful, nice motion and love the warm light.