Shame on all of you who saw the title and thought you’d be seeing something different.  🙂

This post is really about the fact that I love old cars.  I especially enjoy cars like this one that have designs that are so simple and elegant, with beautiful curves and not a creased or straight edge to be found.  This was one of several vintage cars parked in front of a neighbor’s house this past fall.  I was out walking the dog late in the afternoon when I saw them, and sprinted back to the house to grab my camera and tripod.  Unfortunately the sun has already set, and I only had a few minutes of usable light to get a few shots.  I’m hoping that in the spring they come back and I can try again.  I haven’t really photographed cars very much, and found it challenging to get interesting angles and perspectives.  But now I’m certainly going to look for opportunities to practice in the future.  Here are a few additional shots of this same car.

1. Posted January 12, 2012 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Steven –

Clever title. Now that’s one way to get a man’s attention! Fantastic piece of machinery there…red as a candy apple and sweet as a peach!

Thanks for sharing.

Be well,
    Kevin

2. Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Wonderful lines and curves Steven. Well processed with the color as red can be overblown pretty easily.

3. Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Haha, nice post title man, you’ve certainly captured some great curves here! Love the bright red tones too!

4. Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Love the color on this car.

5. Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

I share your passion on these babies! This is masterfully painted, what a custom. The photos are great man. “Nice curves” for sure. 😉

6. Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Caught my attention with the post name! Got my attention with these shots! Great Curves!

7. Posted January 12, 2012 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Nice work! I think the top shot is my fav 🙂 The reflections add a neat touch.

8. Posted January 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Well done. I agree with Eden the top one is my favorite.

9. Posted January 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Very, very nicely done! I too have a passion for the classics. Outdoor shows are the best place to shoot. Well done!

10. Posted January 12, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

I just love the curves on these cars and oh so shiny. Any chance your neighbour can come over and polish mine?

11. Posted January 12, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

I call shotgun!!

12. myallegro31
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:04 am | Permalink

These pictures are sweeet. It kind of gets to me that car makers don’t take the kind of strides in physical engineering that they used to with these awesome classics. If you look at a sedan/SUV/etc… They all look the same. You did a nice job capturing these buddy. Well done.

13. Posted January 13, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Now that is a REAL car. Wonderful sensual lines. You’ve done a great job capturing the detail of this wonderful object and its colour.

14. Posted January 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

I see you have the fever, too, Steven! I have to admit, it’s much bigger than me; if I see a classic like this I literally fall over myself trying to photograph it! Great series here, my friend, love the composition and details you’ve brought to light for us all to enjoy!

4 Trackbacks

1. By Weekly Photo Link Roundup: The Coolest Of This Week on January 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm

2. […] Nice Curves – it seems that Steven Perlmutter shares our deep love of old and classic cars.  In this post he captures and shares 3 truly breathtaking shots of a classic burgundy car, each photo more incredible than the one before it. […]

3. […] Nice Curves – it seems that Steven Perlmutter shares our deep love of old and classic cars.  In this post he captures and shares 3 truly breathtaking shots of a classic burgundy car, each photo more incredible than the one before it. […]

4. […] Park in Canada, and Rick really captures it’s stunning beauty producing a truly striking image.Nice Curves – it seems that Steven Perlmutter shares our deep love of old and classic cars.  In this post he […]