Well it’s back to the archives for another image of Nubble Light in York, ME.  I’ve posted shots of this iconic lighthouse several times before (here, here and here), but until today, no winter shots.  Even though this is mostly just a postcard shot, the light and subdued colors give it just a little something extra, and enough where I wanted to share it.

Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-70, f/13, 38mm, 1/125 second

1. Posted January 10, 2012 at 8:08 am | Permalink

This is fantastic Steven. It scene looks surreal, like a model. Great stuff!

2. Posted January 10, 2012 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Wow Steven. I discovered this place during my summer lighthouse tour and just love it. I haven’t seen Nubble with snow before and you have done a great job with it.

3. Posted January 10, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Beautiful winter image Steven! The red buildings really pop against the snow and sky.

4. Posted January 10, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Spectacular Steven. I love this shot. I’d say its more than just a “postcard” shot.

5. Posted January 10, 2012 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Totally awesome, Steven! Looking at this full view really showcases it’s beauty. Great work, man.

6. Posted January 10, 2012 at 10:38 am | Permalink

Wow, this is just beautiful man. Could easily be a postcard! Incredible.

7. Posted January 10, 2012 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Gorgeous! And very serene 🙂

8. Posted January 10, 2012 at 11:55 am | Permalink

This is STUNNING, Steven, what a truly incredible image!

9. Posted January 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Wonderful work. Enlarged it looks even better. Pin sharp, pristine and almost too good to be true. The reds are a great contrast to the so subte other colours. What a magical effect snow can have on a scene.

10. Posted January 10, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Agree with Dave, My first thought was “Postcard”, I mean that in the best way, this is a great image that looks like it would sell well.

11. Rick
    Posted January 10, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Love this scene! Fabulous!

One Trackback

1. […] by fabulous imagery await the viewer with this post, well worth the time to visit and see.Winter Light – a must-see image from the studio of Steven Perlmutter of an iconic lighthouse in the dead of […]