In my post the other day, I mentioned that lately I’ve been liking the more natural look of an individual image, or a blended image in PS, as opposed to a multiple exposure HDR shot.  This doesn’t mean I don’t like HDR anymore, and there are still many scenes of course that really benefit from HDR processing.  And to me, this is one of those scenes.  For this shot, I turned around from my vantage point from this image, and was looking away from the water towards the rest of the underside of the Pavilion.  The strange yellow/orange color of what I believe is some type of insulation on the pipes provided a wonderful contrast to the grays and browns of the concrete and sand.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/11, 22mm, 3 exposures

1. Posted January 5, 2012 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Nice work getting under this pavilion structure. I agree with you, looks to be some sort of insulation, only to be used in an out of view area like this. 🙂

As you know, there are all flavors of HDR and like you, I try to stay around the natural look, crossing over occasionally. But I’ve always felt that there is no right or wrong, simply a matter of preference. Some like the garish and extreme versions while others prefer something not so pronounced. Every HDRtist will find that comfort zone and settle in. 🙂

2. Posted January 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Yep, looks good to me! And yeah, it’s this spray on form junk. NEVER get it on you 🙁

I’m in the same boat with the HDR. I love it, but it’s been a while last I shot anything that called for it.

3. Posted January 5, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Love the grit, detail and color contrast Steven.

4. Posted January 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Nice shot. Alien life form maybe???

5. Posted January 6, 2012 at 7:48 am | Permalink

Nicely done. Not sure about the yellow stuff but it doesn’t look very friendly!

6. Posted January 6, 2012 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Great shot here, love the depth to it and the (almost) symmetry!

7. Posted January 6, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

I really like your composition in this one. Well done.