Good morning, and I hope everyone had a very happy new year’s.

Today’s post comes to us from Salisbury, MA.  This is the underside of the Pavilion at Salisbury Beach, an ocean-front complex that consists of several restaurants, a gift shop, and a music hall.  Although I’ve never actually been inside, I believe that this section that I shot is directly beneath the music hall.  It was a foggy morning, and I was drawn to the simplicity of the concrete supports and building with the cloudy sky and relatively calm tide.  As you can probably tell from some of my recent posts, I just can’t seem to get enough of long-exposure photography, and have been experimenting using several long exposures and combining them in Photoshop to get more detail in the highlights and shadows.  Lately I’ve been liking the more natural look of a Photoshop blended image instead of the more traditional HDR shot.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, B&W ND10, f/11, 18mm, 30 and 60 second exposures blended in CS5

1. Posted January 3, 2012 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Classic lines here in this one with the composition.

2. Posted January 3, 2012 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Great image and processing, man. Really like this perspective!

3. Posted January 3, 2012 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Cool compostion and the footprints in the sand cap it off nicely

4. Posted January 3, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Beautiful work!

5. Posted January 3, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

I like the nice and simple aspect of this. Nice shapes and cool misty look in the background. Happy new year man!

6. Posted January 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Beautifully exposed with the right amount of silkiness Steven.

7. Posted January 4, 2012 at 8:03 am | Permalink

I love the dreamy look to the water and awesome B&W!

One Trackback

1. By What Is That Stuff? « Perlmutter Photography on January 5, 2012 at 8:09 am

[…] my post the other day, I mentioned that lately I’ve been liking the more natural look of an […]