Today’s image represents my 100th post on my photoblog.  While a small milestone, it still represents something I’m very proud to have accomplished.  I started this blog in July this year, and wasn’t sure how it would be received, how long I would continue it, etc.  Well I’m happy to report that my experience to date has far exceed my expectations.  The friendships I’ve made through my interactions with you all have been amazing.  I can’t say enough how much I appreciate your visits, comments and thoughts as I work to improve my photography.  And maintaining the blog has also forced me to continue to get out and shoot, and to work on developing my skills for this medium that we all love.  Thank you, and I look for forward to the next milestone, whatever it may be.

While not necessarily symbolic of my milestone, this image seemed as good as any to post today.  It was taken a few days ago at Plum Island during a beautiful, albeit cold, sunset.  The colors were incredible, and they cast a nice glow on the entire peaceful scene.  It was just one of those moments where I was glad I was a photographer.  Raise your hand if you know what I mean.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/11, 18mm, 30 seconds

1. Posted December 28, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Congrats on #100 man! I’ve really enjoyed following your work and will continue to do so in the future! Awesome shot here, love the simplicity of it, great tones too!

2. Posted December 28, 2011 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Nice shot Steven, and congrats on the milestone!

3. Posted December 28, 2011 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Congrats on your 100th post! Wonderful the pink and purple hues in this image.

4. Posted December 28, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Beautiful pic and congrats on the 100th post! So looking forward to the next 100!

5. Posted December 28, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Way to go, Steven, congrats!
    Reaching this milestone is no small feat, it shows your dedication and commitment. Looking forward to the next 100. 🙂
    I love the color and detail in today’s image. Excellent work, man.

6. Posted December 28, 2011 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Congrats on 100 posts Steven! I really like the smooth and subtle tones in this image, perfect choice for today’s post.

7. Posted December 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Congrats on your 100th post. Wonderful image to go with. Love the color and POV.

8. Posted December 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Grats man! Love the cool looking image to go with to.

9. Posted December 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

congratulations for the 100th post, Steve… and loved the image. Made me remember the scene from movie ‘contact’, where Helen Aunt( I suppose) reaches to alien planet with that space capsule…. 🙂

10. Posted December 29, 2011 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Congrats on the milestone buddy! Always a good feeling to hit one of those!! Beautiful shot as well! Love that soft violet hue. Have a great New Years!!

11. Posted December 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

congrats and a great shot too!

12. Posted December 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

My hand is raised! Lovely hues in this Steve. Well done on the milestone!