Hello again.  It’s been a while since I’ve posted with any regularity, and I’m hoping to be back on a somewhat normal schedule again soon.  Between work, the holidays, tonsil surgery for both my kids, it’s been quite hectic.  Anyway… I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

For today’s post, I dipped into the archives for this image that I took last year right around this time.  Last year it had been much colder here, and lakes and ponds had frozen over by early December (this winter has been milder so far).   I thought the setting sun and it’s reflection in the ice created a nice contrast with the stark winter landscape, and grabbed a few brackets to capture the scene.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/14, 50mm, 3 brackets

1. Posted December 27, 2011 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Lovely!

2. Posted December 27, 2011 at 9:15 am | Permalink

That color is great. Love that vivid orange! Great title and post. Looking forward to more Steven!

3. Posted December 27, 2011 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Stark and bleak … with a ray of sunshine and hope not far off in the distance. Much like the winter solstice. Perfect shot for this time of year!

4. Posted December 27, 2011 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Love the shock of orange as the sun is coming up. Great composition Steven.

5. Posted December 27, 2011 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Wonderful color and reflection! Very nice sunset!

6. Posted December 27, 2011 at 10:45 am | Permalink

What a great shot, Steven. Love the reflections and that intense color. Nice!
    Hope you’ve had a nice holiday and that things will settle down a bit for you soon. 😉

7. Posted December 27, 2011 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Beautiful reflection. And great title for the post.

8. Posted December 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

This is just breathtaking Steven, one of your best!

9. Posted December 27, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

Clever title for an awesome image man.

10. Posted December 29, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

nice work, great color too!!