A quick post and run this morning.  This is another one of those shots that is simple, but just feels right to me.  With this one, I’m drawn to the square crop matched with the square window.  And the contrast of the bare tree and the color of the barn bring it all together.  I’m honestly not sure why I feel the need to rationalize or justify what I like about my own images, but for some reason I’ve been doing it lately nonetheless.  Oh well.  Hope you all have a great weekend.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-70, f/13, 1/125 second

1. Posted December 16, 2011 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Don’t apologize Steven. I enjoy what others were thinking when shooting an image. It makes for a learning experience. Nice contrast.

2. Posted December 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Permalink

I think that the reason it feels right is because it is sample. Has a balance. Nice shot.

3. Posted December 16, 2011 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Again I love the simplicity of this and the composition is terrific.

4. Posted December 18, 2011 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Simplicity works. Great image, Steve. What I find so great about the Photoblogging experience is that we all produce work that appeals to ‘us’ individually. I like to read about why photographers are drawn to an image that they capture – it’s what breathes life into an image – and it’s what makes blogging a collective joy. I’m with you on this one – I would have kicked myself if I’d missed this one!

5. Posted December 19, 2011 at 7:25 am | Permalink

What an awesome, simple image. Sometimes we get so caught up in cramming everything we can in to composing a photo. This works wonderfully with so little. Well done!

6. Posted December 19, 2011 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Well seen and captured man, simplicity at it’s best!

7. Posted December 20, 2011 at 7:44 am | Permalink

This works very well. Simplicity!