I like the colors of a beautiful sunrise as much as the next guy, but sometimes not-so-good weather can make for some really interesting photos.  We had a fog the other morning unlike any I have seen in a very long time.   The “pea soup” kind of fog.  The “I can’t see my hand in front of my face” kind of fog.  By the time I got to this location it had started to burn off, leaving just enough over this pond to create the mood I had envisioned before setting up.   And with hardly any color to speak of due to the conditions, this shot just had to be converted to B&W.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 70-210, f/11, 70mm, 1/200th

1. Posted November 29, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink

This is perfect in B&W. So moody. Terrific shot.

2. Posted November 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

Amazing shot man! Love the fog. Nice title too 🙂

3. Posted November 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

very spooky! It kinda reminds me of a Stephen King novel … not sure why. But brilliant capture.

4. Posted November 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Good Lord, sir, what an amazing scene! B&W is totally the way to go with this shot, you’ve pulled all the drama right out here for us all to enjoy!

5. Posted November 29, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Great shot. Bags of atmosphere in this, well done.

6. Posted November 29, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Love the fog and reflections Steven. The B&W choice adds to the great mood.

7. Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

PERFECT processing choice for this one. Well done. Very spooky capture.

8. Posted December 15, 2011 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Wonderful moody shot. Killer shot. Love the moment.