This shot is not what I originally had in mind when went out the other afternoon to shoot.  I was driving around Lawrence, MA, looking for some old mills to shoot, and was exploring an area that I had not been to before.  I immediately stumbled upon this bridge which is obviously neither old nor a mill, but looked quite interesting.   The first thing that struck me was the flourescent lighting that colored the bridge’s structure.  I know it looks like paint, but it’s actually lights at the base of each support pointing upward.  It seemed so out of place in an area full of old buildings that have been around for many many decades, so I decided that this would be my subject for this outing.  It was even more interesting that the colors change every few seconds.  Here are some additional shots with some of the different colors.

1. Posted November 28, 2011 at 8:33 am | Permalink

Now that’s a cool find and a great composition Steven!

2. Posted November 28, 2011 at 8:58 am | Permalink

What a cool idea to light the bridge in this way – I wonder what it looks like after dark. I like the compositions you’ve chosen too

3. Posted November 28, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

That’s a very cool find Steven. Great shots.

4. Posted November 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

What a great find. Great colouring on the bridge.

5. Posted November 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Love the tones in this image!

6. Posted November 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

What a great find, man. I love these soft colors and the lighting ads a fantastic effect. Awesome stuff, Steven!

7. Posted November 28, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Great post, Steven, these shots truly captivated me!! Love those colors against the bridge pieces there, they really produce such a strong element of interest.

8. Posted November 29, 2011 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Now that is so cool man. I thought it was paint at first as well! Great shots!

9. Posted November 29, 2011 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Really cool, and I love the way you capturred and presented these. I love finding surprises like this!

10. Posted November 29, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Steven –

I used to work in Lawrence a few years back, and know the area quite well…great photographic capture!

Best,