Before we get to today’s post I just want to say thanks to everyone for your visits and all your great comments on my blog.  Your support and feedback means so much to me.

Today’s image is another one from Nubble Light in York, Maine, and was taken on the other side of the main parking and viewing area.  Most images you see of this lighthouse are taken from the angle I used for my post yesterday.  But as my son and I were walking around on this side, I noticed this cleat attached to the rocks and decided to get down low to try and get a nice angle.  I suppose that at low tide it may be possible to get a boat up close to tie on to this cleat, but it’s not something I would ever try, especially when the water isn’t perfectly calm which it wasn’t that day.

1. Posted November 15, 2011 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Wonderful shot Steven and good eye. I never saw this cleat the times that I was there. Your focus is just perfect.

2. Rick
    Posted November 15, 2011 at 10:16 am | Permalink

Love the DOF on this image! Well done!

3. Posted November 15, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Fantastic Steven. Love the low angle. I agree with Len…great eye.

4. Posted November 15, 2011 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Love the low POV here man, awesome details and DoF, well processed

5. Posted November 15, 2011 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Great composition here Steven and a great idea to focus on the foreground. Top stuff mate.

6. Posted November 15, 2011 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Very nice composition in getting the unfocused background as part of the image in whole. Aside from bokeh work, I don’t see to many people doing that. Good job!

7. Posted November 15, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Fantastic shot Steven, love the DOF.

8. Posted November 15, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

Fantastic composition, Steven!
    Great shot of that cleat and I love the lighthouse and blurred background. I see someone left a little fishing line on the cleat. 🙂
    Nice work!

9. Posted November 16, 2011 at 3:37 am | Permalink

Really well focussed. Clever thinking.

10. Posted November 16, 2011 at 4:23 am | Permalink

Cool shot!! I always enjoy seeing stuff like this near the water. Nice bokeh on the lighthouse! That was the same one from your other post right?

11. Posted November 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I don’t even know why, exactly, but this picture is one of my favorites this week Steven. That beautiful shallow depth of focus you’ve used here in your composition really makes for an image that pops. Great work, my friend.

3 Trackbacks

1. […] Tangled – a sweet, shallow depth of focus creates an image that jumps out of the monitor at the viewer in this picture.  Steven Perlmutter delivers a compelling picture, with a great lighthouse in the backdrop to provide a lot of interest, but the focal point being what it is really produces something special. […]

2. […] Tangled – a sweet, shallow depth of focus creates an image that jumps out of the monitor at the viewer in this picture.  Steven Perlmutter delivers a compelling picture, with a great lighthouse in the backdrop to provide a lot of interest, but the focal point being what it is really produces something special. […]

3. By Winter Light « Perlmutter Photography on January 10, 2012 at 7:58 am

[…] Light in York, ME.  I’ve posted shots of this iconic lighthouse several times before (here, here and here), but until today, no winter shots.  Even though this is mostly just a postcard shot, the […]