Due to the wet, and snowy, fall we’ve had this year, my son’s soccer games have been moved to all different fields around our town.  There was one in particular that we had never been to before as it’s in a more rural area.  On the way there, we passed this old barn which I thought would be a good photo subject.  So the other day I took a few minutes to go back and grab some brackets.  The reason I called this the lobster tractor is because the first thing my wife said when she saw the image was that the tractor looked like a lobster.  I didn’t see it myself until she pointed it out, but now all I can see is some bizarre transformer movie where old farm equipment transforms into crustaceans trying to take over the planet.

1. Posted November 7, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink

LOL – I may not have seen the resemblance either, Steven, but it does look like a lobster. 🙂
    Wonderful shot here and I like how you’ve processed this. Well done!

2. Posted November 7, 2011 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Haha – that’s not what I thought I was going to see when I read Jimi’s tweet 🙂 But, yes, it does look like a lobster now that you mention it.

3. Posted November 7, 2011 at 10:29 am | Permalink

She’s right Steven it does look like a lobster. Wonderful shot. Love the composition and the way you’ve processed it.

4. Rick
    Posted November 7, 2011 at 10:38 am | Permalink

This is an awesome scene! Love the splash of orange!

5. Posted November 7, 2011 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I caught myself wondering “what’s a lobster tractor?” Now I know, lol. Wasn’t what I expected. 🙂

6. Posted November 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

The tones in this are just great Steven and you’re right, the tractor does resemble a lobster!

7. Posted November 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Haha yes it does remind me of a crab or lobster about to pounce on it’s prey!

8. Posted November 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

Great shot, Steven. Looks like a character from the movie Robots.

9. Posted November 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

Absolutely top drawer, my friend! LOVE the subject and composition here! I am left with a strong desire for a bit of garlic butter, but that’s totally beside the point here… what a GREAT photograph!

10. Posted November 8, 2011 at 1:33 am | Permalink

Hahaha, it does look like a lobster!!! Well done Steven. Love the processing. Great find!

11. Posted November 8, 2011 at 3:16 am | Permalink

Even got the beady eyes! Clever title. I like the way you’ve cropped the building to concentrate the attention on the tractor.

12. Posted November 8, 2011 at 8:06 am | Permalink

What a cool shot here man! Well composed, love the range of colors