Every year around mid-September, many of the beaches near us begin to allow dogs again.  As we visit these beaches quite frequently during the summer, and are forced to do so without the dog, my wife and kids jump at the opportunity this time every year to hit the local beach scene with the dog in tow.  On this trip, like many others, I also brought the camera and tripod and did some shooting while the dog was running around.  This is the beach on Plum Island, and is one of several stone jetties along the coast.   This is one of the larger ones, and allows many different compositional possibilities, although for this one, I chose a fairly straightforward comp.  And for whatever reason, I just like the simplicity of the final product.

1. Posted November 3, 2011 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Fantastic Scene!

2. Posted November 3, 2011 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Wow, this is beautiful man, I love the POV and those clouds, the water looks really cool as well!

3. Posted November 3, 2011 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Fantastic point of view and processing, Steven. What a shot, man.

4. Posted November 3, 2011 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Awesome! OK, so this image normally I think I would have thrown into a silvery mono. However, I love the color in it. It’s soft and kinda oldish, especially the blues. Looks great.

5. Posted November 3, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

This is simplicity at its best. I love this Steven. Just beautiful.

6. Posted November 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

What strikes me about this is the way the sky echoes the soft colours of the stones of the jetty. Excellent POV. it has a feeling of isolation too – ‘the lonely sea and the sky’ – as in one of those poems I remember having to read at school (many years ago).

7. Posted November 3, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

Fantastic shot Steven! I like that you’ve left it a color image, the tones are terrific.