This is another shot from my recent trip to Martha’s Vineyard.  This would have been a beautiful scene had this boat not been docked there, but it became that much more compelling because of it.  Those eyes are both interesting and a little creepy, and just seemed to add another layer to the image.

And I don’t know about you, but even when I move my head from side to side, the eyes keep following me.

1. Posted November 2, 2011 at 8:15 am | Permalink

Lol, awesome title man, fits perfectly! Love the reflections and the golden tones!

2. Posted November 2, 2011 at 8:16 am | Permalink

Great tones and those eyes are something else! Good stuff Dave!

3. Posted November 2, 2011 at 9:28 am | Permalink

Awesome shot, Steven. I really like the colors here and of course, the reflections of the water. 🙂

4. Posted November 2, 2011 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Beautiful shot Steven. You’re right the eyes do follow you. The reflection is awesome.

5. Posted November 2, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Love, love, LOVE this shot, Steven! What a great capture! That reflection there is on the verge of being crazy, and the colors and tones in the sky really add a touch of incredible interest.

6. Posted November 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

Steven – Your photo is a reflection of a unique moment in time…tranquil; picturesque…I believe the presence of the boat makes all the difference!

Great shot – Thanks!

Best,
    Kevin

7. Posted November 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Sweet shot and reflections Steven!

8. Posted November 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

LMFAO. I did not know what to expect from the title. Then I saw the eyes. 🙂 Nice shot man.

9. Posted November 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I like the way the two arms of the dock lead you into the picture towards that wonderful orange glow in the background and the eyes of the boat. Take the eyes away and you have a wonderful tranquil scene but, as you say, with them there is a strangely creepy feel to it.

10. Posted November 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Great image! Love the eyes on the boat!

11. Posted November 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Haha, wow, they really do follow you!! Well done!

12. Posted November 3, 2011 at 6:04 am | Permalink

Perfectly composed. Love everything about this shot.