On our first night on the Vineyard last weekend I went out for a few minutes before we went to dinner.  This is Edgartown harbor, and our hotel was just around the corner.  The sun had set about 30 minutes before I took the shot, the sky was clear, and the water was incredibly calm.  I don’t know what it is, but there’s just something about blue hour on the water that I just love.

1. Posted October 25, 2011 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Oh this is excellent Steve, one of my favorites of yours. Wonderful blue tones, awesome flares, wow

2. Posted October 25, 2011 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Awesome! Love the lights.

3. Posted October 25, 2011 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Great photo, Steven. Man you nailed this. Awesome shot, dude. 😉

4. Posted October 25, 2011 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Great composition, light and reflection Stephen. This is an awesome shot. I agree with you about the blue hour – it’s my favorite time.

5. Posted October 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Great shot Steve! Clean ,crisp and lovely reflections!

6. Posted October 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Wow, Steven, this shot made me stop dead in my tracks. Breathtaking!!!

7. Posted October 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous blue hour shot, perfect composition and silky smooth water. Love everything about this!

8. Posted October 25, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

I agree! Wow just fantastic Steven. Incredible image. I love the light burst too.

9. Posted October 26, 2011 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Awesome reflection!! I am a big fan of long exposures on boats. Well done!

10. Posted November 9, 2011 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Steven, I believe you took this shot at precisely the right moment…you couldn’t have picked a more perfect time!

2 Trackbacks

1. By 94 Photography Links That Rock » Beauty life on October 30, 2011 at 11:58 pm

[…] Harbor Blues – this picture made me stop in my tracks.  This photograph has it all going on; wonderful reflections, great tones and exquisite leading lines.  An absolutely jaw-droppingly awesome photo from the studio of Steven Perlmutter. […]

2. […] repel down the side of an embankment to capture this shot, and the results are absolutely stunning. Harbor Blues – this picture made me stop in my tracks.  This photograph has it all going on; wonderful […]