I love when you stumble across a location that you didn’t anticipate.  Traveling down Rte 103 near Bradford, NH this past weekend, I saw this small little cut-off from the road.  I decided to check it out and drove down to find this river flowing very hard due to the recent rains.  A short little hike brought me to this vantage point where I captured this shot.  I debated how long of an exposure to use, and opted for something around 1 1/2 seconds to slightly blur, but still show the incredible motion of the water.  Add in some rocks and fall foliage, and you have the finished product.

1. Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Beautiful Steven. Great choice on the exposure. I love the smooth but hurried look of the water.

2. Posted October 18, 2011 at 10:45 am | Permalink

That’s an awesome find! I love the foliage and the leaves sitting on the rock. Great long exposure!

3. Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Great shot Steven. I really dig these kinds of shots – ( maybe you have noticed… 🙂 ) The full res. version is amazing. Very sharp, and no blur in the foliage that I can see. The water is just gorgeous. I tend to keep my shutter speed under 1 sec. when I shoot falls just to keep some definition in the water – thats just the way I like it – your 1.5 sec works extremely well.

4. Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Looks like a misty fall morning by the river. Beautiful.

5. Posted October 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Beautiful scene you captured.

6. Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:17 am | Permalink

That water movement looks fantastic. Well done. What a great find!

7. Posted October 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!

8. Posted October 19, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Awesome shot, Steven. That water really sets this off nicely.