After much anticipation for the WorldWide Photo Walk this weekend, it ended up a bit of a disappointed because of nasty weather.   I was on a sunrise walk in Ogunquit, Maine, and the sun was nowhere to be seen.  Instead, for the second year in a row, we were socked in by fog along with a fair amount of rain all morning.  So walking back to my car with a mostly empty memory card, I heard a stream through the woods on the side of the road.  A short path took me to this scene, which may have been the best thing I saw all morning.  It’s ironic that one of the only good shots I got from this normally picturesque ocean location is a shot I’d expect to get on a hike in the woods.  Oh well.  A keeper is a keeper.

Although I was disappointed in the photo walk, it was still good to get out early and get some exercise and a few good shots.  I may post another shot or two from the walk later this week.

1. Posted October 3, 2011 at 6:38 am | Permalink

Sorry the walk didn’t work out for you Steven. Sounds like my trip to Maine two weeks ago. Nice composition. Like the green moss on the rocks.

2. Posted October 3, 2011 at 6:47 am | Permalink

That’s to bad about the walk. Ogunquit is such a pretty place. I do like this shot though. Nice catch.

3. Posted October 3, 2011 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Wow great effect on the water. Looks like thick treacle! Good shot Steven.

4. Posted October 3, 2011 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Sorry to hear yours had bad weather. The Balboa photowalk had some awesome clouds 🙂

Nice shot here today. I see where you were going with the title. Looks cool!

5. Posted October 3, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Sorry to hear about the walk man!

This shot is just awesome though. I love those lines, awesome low POV

6. Posted October 3, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

looks like it was still a productive walk! well shot!

7. Posted October 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Sweet long exposure – really unique!

8. Posted October 4, 2011 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Beautiful, smooth water. Well done with the long shutter spped. Use a ND filter??

• Posted October 4, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Just a polarizer on this shot. Gave me around a 4 second exposure which was about right. Thanks for the comment.

9. Posted October 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

The weather here in the east has been lousy for a couple of weeks. Too bad things weren’t better for you. But hey, this shot is awesome man.