This is a view of downtown Boston taken from in front of the federal courthouse looking across the harbor.  It’s a popular spot for photographing the city, but there are certainly ways to make it your own as I’ve tried here.  I chose to get close to the chain with a tighter shot of the skyline, as opposed to backing up for a wider view.  This is one of the great challenges in photographing landmarks or famous scenes – trying to get a shot that no one else has made, or at least one that you can call your own.

1. Posted September 29, 2011 at 8:22 am | Permalink

Beautifully exposed Steven. Love the light and the composition.

2. Posted September 29, 2011 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Really like the reflections of the lights in the water Steven – great image!

3. Posted September 29, 2011 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Great long exposure. Nice work!

4. Posted September 29, 2011 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Really beautiful shot Steven. The lights & reflections are outstanding.

5. Posted September 29, 2011 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Really nice shot man. I like how the foreground is included in this. Gives a sense of place that fits really well.

6. Posted September 29, 2011 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Nice shot. When I saw this it took me back a few years. I spent some time in Boston for work and have a nearly identical shot just like this.

7. Posted September 29, 2011 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Excellent shot, Steven. Great job processing this. I really like the colors and perspective.

8. Posted September 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Beautifully processed Steven. You’ve nailed this. Great photo!

9. Posted September 30, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Wonderful shot Steven – nice balance and composition of the city skyline… great processing too!

10. Posted October 2, 2011 at 12:23 am | Permalink

hello steven, liked your picture, especially the feel of those chains.

11. Posted October 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

yep that’s a beauty Steven!!

3 Trackbacks

1. By Friday Photo Spots & The Bench — Jason Hines on September 30, 2011 at 2:16 am

[…] Evening Skyline by Steven Perlmutter […]

2. By Beantown « Perlmutter Photography on January 17, 2012 at 7:38 am

[…] it’s fun finding new spots.  I posted some other views of the city a while back in this post and this one.  Unfortunately, it was another bitterly cold evening when I took this shot the […]

3. By Night Light « Perlmutter Photography on February 7, 2012 at 8:16 am

[…] taken from behind the federal courthouse.  It’s a similar vantage point to an image I posted here, but I wanted to try a different angle and thought the lamp post would make an interesting […]