Three days later and I’m still thinking about how incredible the colors were the other night at sunset.  As a result, a few tiny tweaks and some sharpening was all I needed to process this shot.  This is from Plum Island in Newburyport, MA, and is a spot I’ve photographed many times before, although this was the first time I’ve tried some long exposures there.  The sky was completely clouded over the entire ride up there, and I came very close to turning around.  So glad I didn’t.  By the time I got to the water, enough clouds had cleared on the horizon to produce this scene.

1. Posted September 20, 2011 at 7:16 am | Permalink

This is breathtaking for sure man, the low POV, golden tones, and silky smoothness of the water are all outstanding. Well done sir.

2. Posted September 20, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

What a beautiful scene – great comp, reflections and colors!

3. Posted September 20, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

Ok this one really took my breath away. Just stunning Steven.

4. Posted September 20, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous long exposure Steven. The water looks nice and smooth. Top job!

5. Rick
    Posted September 20, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

That’s a killer sunset! I like how you slowed down the water by the pier. It really adds to the scene! I’ll be heading back East on business quite a bit this winter. I really need to get to the NE area.

6. Posted September 20, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

Wow, man. What a mystical look this image has. Great work capturing this, Steven. Glad you didn’t turn back. 🙂

7. Posted September 21, 2011 at 8:03 am | Permalink

This is awesome. Beautiful, warm scene, processed and shot perfectly. Well done.

8. Posted September 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Permalink

wonderful long exposure work, well done!

9. Posted September 22, 2011 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Nice work! :O)

10. Posted September 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Beautiful shot Steven – this is how photography should be… no extra editing, just some simple sharpening and job done!

One Trackback

1. By Sunset Sticks « Perlmutter Photography on September 21, 2011 at 8:00 am

[…] Perlmutter Photography one man's attempt to take cool pictures HomeAbout MeContactPortfolio Twitter Facebook RSS Feed ← True Colors […]