Inspired by some recent posts of incredible lighthouse shots from Len Saltiel, I decided to post one of my own today.  These are the steps leading to the top of Pemaquid Light in Maine.  You obviously can’t tell from the inside, but this light is in a stunning location situated on granite cliffs on the ocean that provide endless compositional possibilities.  After exploring the area for awhile, and taking many photographs, my wife and I decided to climb the steps to get a view of the surrounding landscape.  As we were waiting our turn to go up, I had to grab this shot of the steps.  There’s something about the combination of exposed brick and wrought iron that just makes sense to me.

1. Posted September 16, 2011 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Great shot Steven. Like the perspective.

Thanks for the mention. I love how we, as photographers, inspire one another. I am heading back to Maine Monday and hope to get a few shots that I have seen on your blog. Hope I do them half as good as you did.

I have a similar shot that I am planning to post over the next few weeks. I shot a hand-held HDR and I am hoping it comes out okay.

2. Posted September 16, 2011 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Whoa, this is one awesome POV man! Love how the steps disappear into the top of the shot, excellent work

3. Posted September 16, 2011 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Awesome POV Steven!

4. Posted September 16, 2011 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Great shot Steven. I love the perspective.

5. Posted September 16, 2011 at 10:52 am | Permalink

wow great shot Steven, lovin’ this man!!

6. Posted September 16, 2011 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Nice shot man. I can’t wait to see the view from the top!

7. Posted September 17, 2011 at 4:24 am | Permalink

Great POV. Makes for a great subject this staircase

8. Rachel Cohen
    Posted September 17, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

Wow, love this shot. Very cool image Steven!

9. Posted September 18, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Lovely shot, Steven. I’ve always had a thing for spiral staircases. Really nice detail.