You may recognize this gate from a previous post, but this shot takes a much wider view of it.  This was one of those mornings where I had made the commitment to get up and out early, but was disappointed in the weather when I left the house.  I just couldn’t bring myself to make a long drive that morning, and decided to hit this spot around the corner which has been a great fall-back location for me when a need a quick fix.

1. Posted September 15, 2011 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Really like how you angled the gate Steven. The fog really adds to the mood.

2. Posted September 15, 2011 at 8:14 am | Permalink

This has such a great sense of moodiness, I agree with Len. Awesome work man, well composed

3. Posted September 15, 2011 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Wonderful shot Steven – the fog and composition captures the scene nicely… I keep looking back at the gate, expecting it to open!

4. Posted September 15, 2011 at 8:47 am | Permalink

What an awesome composition Steven! The fog gives a wonderful feel to this and i really like the heavier vignette. This is a great fall back location!

5. Posted September 15, 2011 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Really love this image. Has a real nostalgic feel to it. Very nicely done Steven

6. Mare
    Posted September 15, 2011 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Love this image!

7. A.Barlow
    Posted September 15, 2011 at 10:47 am | Permalink

I like the feel of this image.

8. Posted September 15, 2011 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Good decision to stay close by as this is a winer. I love the angle. Has a very serene feel to it.

9. Posted September 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Great shot, Steven. The gate seems to lead the eye toward the fog-filled background. Well done, man.

10. Posted September 16, 2011 at 12:33 am | Permalink

The fog here really adds a dreary punch of drama here, great capture!

11. Posted September 17, 2011 at 4:20 am | Permalink

Oh man, something about fog definitely draws me in. This is fantastic! Beautiful work. That gate works perfectly.