Here’s another shot from my first day with my 10 stop ND filter.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I was very excited to try it out as soon as I got it, and headed out to Salem Willows Park about a week ago to give it a go.  I perhaps unrealistically thought I might be able to walk away with some keepers from my first attempt at using this fun little toy, and realized when I got home that it will indeed take some practice.  While I’m pleased with how a few of the images turned out, including this one, I need to stop putting too much pressure on myself when I’m trying something for the first time, and keep on practicing.

1. Posted September 14, 2011 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Very nice perspective Steven. Pretty good for your first day with it. That filter takes a little practice but you will grow to love it.

2. Posted September 14, 2011 at 8:07 am | Permalink

I’d say it works. Beautiful Steven and I like the low angle that you shot from.

3. Posted September 14, 2011 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Lovely long exposure Steven! Love the POV too. Great job mate

4. Posted September 14, 2011 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Really love the vintage loo to this one Steven, outstanding POV

5. Posted September 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Outstanding shot Steven! Every new toy takes some practice and that’s half the fun!!

6. Posted September 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Love the title, dude. 🙂

This shot came out very nicely, Steven. The water came out great and the point of view is perfect.

Just got my replacement ND in the mail today to replace the one I dropped. Looking forward to getting out soon and reestablishing the fun. That’s what’s important, man. Relax and enjoy your new toy.