Sometimes I create an image that looks good, but is just missing something.  It seems like a nice photograph, yet it wouldn’t necessarily be something I’d frame and hang on the wall.  This particular image is a great example.  Strong subject… check.  Foreground interest… check.  Rule of thirds… check.  Dramatic sky… check.   Yet it still needed something else.  Then it came to me.

It’s missing text.  I realized that this is the type of image that would make a good mystery book cover as opposed to framed artwork.  Adding a title and my name completely changed it.

Now all I need to do is write the story.  🙂

1. Posted September 7, 2011 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Excellent post Steven. Pretty funny. Great mood with the clouds and love the foreground. This light is one of my favorites and I am not sure why. Well done.

2. Mare
    Posted September 7, 2011 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Can I audition for a role in this movie?

3. Posted September 7, 2011 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Very cool Steven! Nice change of pace.

4. Posted September 7, 2011 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Oh that’s too perfect. Excellent Steve and by the way I absoluelty love the way you’ve done the book cover.

5. Posted September 7, 2011 at 11:04 am | Permalink

wonderful shot man. foreground looks nice and crisp as well.

6. Posted September 7, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

great shot and love the book cover idea!

7. Posted September 8, 2011 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Pretty cool shot, Steve. Great to see you took it one step further. …now when is the book coming out???? 🙂

8. Posted September 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Great shot and post, Steven. I actually like the image initially but must admit, it makes a fantastic book or magazine cover. Nicely done.