Well I just realized that after almost two months of blogging, I had yet to post a black and white image.  That ends today with this shot from Plum Island.  This is one of several boardwalks down to the beach at the southern end of the island at the Parker River Wildlife Refuge.  It’s an incredible place full of stunning scenery including sand dunes, salt marshes and a beautiful beach, and is visited by nearly 300 species of birds throughout the year.  I really love these beach boardwalks which are just quintessential New England.  And all the better when I have one to myself as I did on this crisp fall day.

1. Posted August 30, 2011 at 7:17 am | Permalink

I really like the vanishing point in this image Steven. The shadows add additional interest.

2. Posted August 30, 2011 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Wonderful point of view, Steven. I like how this leads the eye through the photo. Nice B&W treatment.

3. Posted August 30, 2011 at 8:12 am | Permalink

I do love B&W photography and you’ve done a terrific job with this shot. Terrific composition.

4. Posted August 30, 2011 at 8:51 am | Permalink

I just love the POV here, awesome use of B&W as well. Your composition is flawless

5. Posted August 30, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Really like how the walkway leads you through the frame. Cropping the right side of the rail makes you feel as if you are standing there yourself. Nicely done Steven!

6. Posted August 30, 2011 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Nice eye man. So many lines. Peaceful image.

7. Posted August 31, 2011 at 3:43 am | Permalink

Very nice picture!
    /Victoria from Sweden

8. Posted August 31, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Nice shot – my favorite one on your blog.

9. Posted September 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Very nice black and white image! Great composition with the way the walkway guides your eye through the image.

3 Trackbacks

1. By Friday Photo Spots & Freedom | The Perfect Sunset on September 2, 2011 at 1:53 am

[…] Walking the Planks bySteven Perimutter […]

2. […] Walking the Planks bySteven Perimutter […]

3. By Follow the Light « Perlmutter Photography on December 2, 2011 at 9:26 am

[…] the many boardwalks that leads down to the beach in the wildlife refuge area of the island (here is another one).   It’s a bit of a long one, but well worth it when you arrive at the beautiful beach just […]