Well I’m back from a wonderful family vacation last week on the beach in Seabrook, NH.   Although I spent most of the week in the waves or the tidal pools with my boys, I did manage to step out a few times for some shooting.  I’m not sure if today’s image is my favorite from the week, but it’s certainly one of the more interesting (at least to me).   I tried to get out at sunrise or sunset for most of my shooting, but this one was taken an hour + after sunset.  I just really like the way the moonlight reflects off the water and the rocks to give this an otherworldly feel.  These rocks form some really great tidal pools at low tide, and we spent countless hours there filling our buckets with crabs, starfish, and even a baby lobster (all of which were released before we left each day).  I’ll have several more images to share from my trip in the coming days.

1. Posted August 22, 2011 at 6:32 am | Permalink

Great composition and light here Steven. I love blue hour shots.

2. Posted August 22, 2011 at 10:22 am | Permalink

This is a really cool shot man. Grats.

3. Posted August 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Welcome back, Steven! Hope you and the family had a blast.

This is a great shot, man. Love the way the moon is reflecting off the water and into the foreground. Cool!

4. Posted August 22, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous light you’ve captured in this shot.

5. Posted August 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Amazing shot Steven! Nicely done!

One Trackback

1. By Guarding the Beach « Perlmutter Photography on August 23, 2011 at 6:29 am

[…] Perlmutter Photography one man's attempt to take cool pictures HomeAbout MeContactPortfolio Twitter Facebook RSS Feed ← Moonlight on the Rocks […]